Vivekananda Institute of Biotechnology (under Core support programme of DST – Govt. of India), a branch organization of Sri Ramkrishna Ashram, Nimpith has come up a long way since 1991 with support from DBT (Department of Biotechnology), DST (Department of Science & Technology) and CAPART (Govt. of India).
It’s also functioning as
- A SIRO (Scientific & Industrial Research Organization) recognized by DSIR, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India.
- A PG Research Laboratory recognized by University of Burdwan.
- The Technology Resource Centre for the coastal saline zone of West Bengal
We wish to take the blessings of science and technology to the remotest family and develop the area as a whole by
- Assessing, designing and developing multi-skill biotechnology programmes.
- Building village based human resource.
- Providing service and creating knowledge base in the village through these human resource.
This branch Institute of Sri Ramkrishna Ashram, Nimpith, Sundarbans (Coastal & Saline zone of West Bengal) commenced its journey in 1991. We get support from different Govt. as well as private funding agencies, e.g. Jamset Ji Tata Trust, Volkart Foundation, European Union etc. We are working to provide proper technical support, know how, and training to rural youth of the Sundarbans area of West Bengal, to reduce the effects of chemical pesticides.